Chestnut cream and Truffle
"...more seasonal than that!"We have two fabulous ingredients: fresh Casentino chestnuts and Black uncinatum Truffle of Villa Magna farm, cheers to the short distribution chain! It is a simple and also very fast recipe, if it were not to boil and peel the chestnuts...but we want to compare them with those pre-cooked? Absolutely not...
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- - Black Truffle of the season
- - Extra virgin olive oil
- - Salt
- - Pepper
- - Chestnuts
- - 1 sprig rosemary
- - Fennel seeds
- - Shallot
- - 1 potato
- - Milk or vegetable broth (your choice)
- Wash and make a small carving on the chestnuts, then boil them in salted water with a rosemary sprig and fennel seeds for about 40 minutes (15/20 with the microwave oven).
- Peel the chestnuts well depriving them of the skins and set aside.
- Meanwhile sauté shallot finely chopped, then add a medium potato finely sliced, salt, pepper and a bit of milk or vegetable broth, leaving always the very low level.
- When the potato is cooked, add the chestnuts and simmer for a few more minutes, adding again milk or broth.
- Whisk plenty all, until you get a soft cream tending to solid.
- Add some freshly grated truffle and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
Villa Magna Tartufi https://www.villamagnatartufi.com/