Truffle and Pecorino cheese Pie
The recipe is very simple and versatile, it can be done even without the truffle, or replacing it with honey, baked fruit, etc. It is very nice to be presented as a starter and in the basket of bread that you create, you can decorate to your liking.
Write a review
- - Whitish Truffle (fresh) or Black Truffle (fresh or preserved already grinded)
- - Extra virgin olive oil
- - 150 g of Tuscan pecorino cheese
- - 500 ml of single cream
- - 3 eggs
- - Salt
- - Pepper
- - Butter
- - Breadcrumbs
- - Stale Tuscan bread
- Wash and brush the truffle with cool water.
- Scrape off the harder rind (if unwelcome).
- Blend ¾ of truffle with extra virgin olive oil and cut the rest of it into thin slices (to slice the truffle use a truffle-slicer or a peeler).
- Melt butter and buttering the aluminum baking cups with a brush and cover the entire inner surface with a thin layer of breadcrumbs.
- Slice the bread into thin slices and wrap in the baking cups.
- Putting a few minutes to toast in the oven at 180 °C.
- Meanwhile, put the single cream to warm up to 85 °C.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs and the pecorino cheese previously grated, making sure to turn the mixture continuously until you create a paste.
- Adjust with salt and pepper and add the mixture of truffle.
- Pour the cream cheese in baking cups and bake at 180 °C for 20/30 min.
- Garnish with truffle slices.
- If you are using fresh truffles start from Step 1, otherwise, in case of truffle already worked, skip to step 4.
- Points 4/6 and 7/9 can be done simultaneously.
- The bread is recommended stale, let it 2/3 days inside a plastic bag to make it chewy.
Villa Magna Tartufi https://www.villamagnatartufi.com/